[Dovecot] pop3_lock_session question

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Thu Feb 5 01:29:07 EET 2009

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 14:55 -0800, Seth Mattinen wrote:
>> Timo Sirainen wrote:
>>> I've heard imapproxy doesn't help all that much with Dovecot. Do you (or
>>> anyone) have any actual statistics?
>>>
>> It does prevent spawning a separate IMAP process
>
> Yes, but I think it's not all that much extra work.

I've never benchmarked it, but I do hate seeing it cycle through
connect/auth/do nothing/disconnect because someone is clicking refresh
as fast as they possibly can for some unknown reason.

>> and running it through AUTH (which executes an SQL call in my case)
>
> Enabling auth cache would avoid it.

True, but there's a small risk someone could get locked out of their
mail box for a short time, which isn't acceptable in my environment.

~Seth