[Dovecot] Deferred emails on alias emails

Jehan Pagès jehan.marmottard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 23:06:35 EET 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 9:33 PM, Charles Marcus <CMarcus at media-brokers.com>wrote:

> Um.. did you or did you not say:
>
> "In my case, most of these messages were forwarded to the gmail servers,
> and as there were many spams unfortunately in these emails forwarded
> (and it's not my server's purpose to remove the spams when forwarding),"
>
> Did you mis-speak?
>
> "... as there were many spams..." means that your server DID forward
> 'many spams' - and you even said it got your server temporarily
> blacklisted...

Yes but the issue was only this one time because I sent in one single row
several days of emails on an account which exists for years and years (so
unfortunately my friend has now many spams in several days, as well as many
real excepted emails, just as I) because they were blocked before on my
misconfigured new email server. That's not going to happen every day that I
will suddenly forward all the emails of several days for my friend.

> Its your server, do what you want... just don't be surprised when people
> respond accordingly.

Thanks for the concern, but don't worry, I take all the necessary actions. I
just don't trust spam systems because they are not reliable, except for
finale destination when they can be checked (that's why I install dspam for
locale users using IMAP), that's all. But I am looking for other more
reliable methods (cf. for instance the whitelister program...).
Regards,

Jehan