[Dovecot] Hi all,

Jehan Pagès jehan.marmottard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 12:34:43 EET 2009

Hi all,

as I told earlier, I am installing an email server with
postfix/dovecot/dspam (for now that's all, though some programs may come
later). For now, what works good enough is that I receive mails and spams
are tagged. Dovecot version 1.1.7-r1 compiled from the gentoo depository
with debug.
The path of a mail is

1/ to be passed to dspam by postfix as a virtual transport with this in
master.cf:

dspam   unix    -       n       n       -       -       pipe
        flags=DRhu user=vmail argv=/usr/bin/dspam --client
--deliver=innocent,spam --user ${recipient}

and this in main.cf:

virtual_transport = dspam

2/ Then in dspam.conf, I have:

TrustedDeliveryAgent "/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d %u"
UntrustedDeliveryAgent "/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d %u"
QuarantineAgent "/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d %u -m Junk"

Now dspam is tagging a lot of my spams, with [SPAM] on the subject and in
the header stuffs like this:

But I wanted spam to go in my Junk folder (using maildir, this is the
directory .maildir/.Junk for my configuration. Hence the above
configuration of QuarantineAgent.

But it doesn't work as my emails are still deliverd to INBOX. How
could I check that dovecot deliver is taking into account the option
"-m Junk"?
Or maybe I don't use it well? (I tried also "-m .Junk" as it it the
name of the directory but it is the same)
Note also that I use maildir format, so maybe this option works only
with mailbox?
The doc says: -m <mailbox>: Destination mailbox (default is INBOX).

In my dovecot.conf, I have:

protocol lda {
  hostname = mydomain.tld
  log_path = /home/vmail/dovecot-deliver.log
  info_log_path = /home/vmail/dovecot-deliver.log

  auth_socket_path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
}

And when a deliver occures, that's all I have in dovecot-deliver.log:

deliver(recipient at mydomain.tld): Feb 06 00:59:47 Info: auth input:
recipient at mydomain.tld
deliver(recipient at mydomain.tld): Feb 06 00:59:47 Info: auth input:
home=/home/vmail/mydomain.tld/recipient/
deliver(recipient at mydomain.tld): Feb 06 00:59:47 Info: auth input: uid=1004
deliver(recipient at mydomain.tld): Feb 06 00:59:47 Info: auth input: gid=1004
deliver(recipient at mydomain.tld): Feb 06 00:59:47 Info: maildir:
data=/home/vmail/mydomain.tld/recipient/.maildir
deliver(recipient at mydomain.tld): Feb 06 00:59:47 Info: maildir++:
root=/home/vmail/mydomain.tld/recipient/.maildir, index=, control=,
inbox=
=/home/vmail/mydomain.tld/recipient/.maildir
deliver(recipient at mydomain.tld): Feb 06 00:59:47 Warning: Growing pool
'Cache fields' with: 2048
deliver(recipient at mydomain.tld): Feb 06 00:59:47 Info:
msgid=<000d01c987ed$879c82f0$6400a8c0 at biancauj3>: saved mail to INBOX

Is there a way to check the options set on parameters in the logs, so
that I check that dspam runs indeed QuarantineAgent? Or would you have
other solution/hints?

Someone on the dspam ml told me that maildrop or sieve are more flexible.
So I explain here that my "reason" was simply that I thought it would
be better not to install another software/component to remain simple.
Moreover with the "-m" option, dovecot-deliver seemed to do just what
I needed (I don't need much more complicated). But maybe I am wrong or
it is really better not to
use dovecot-deliver. If so, just tell me.
Thanks.

Jehan