[Dovecot] quota - implement via dovecot or postfix? which is easier ?

Linux Advocate linuxhousedn at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 7 01:48:15 EET 2009

Guys,

i m new to dovecot. I m setting up a new mailserver  and planning to run dovecot and postfix of a centos 5.2 box.
I have been reading of quota management from various sources and understand that mail box quota can be implemented either thru postfix ( with vda patch ) or thru dovecot.

i rather not patch postfix and m therefore leaning towards quota via dovecot. But after reading some posts ,etc, it seems that the information on the dovecot wiki is inaccurate.

A.Any comments on this?
B. Am i right in concluding that its easier and better in the long run to implement and enforce quotas thru dovecot instead of postfix?
C. The right instructions for implementing quota thru dovecot?

Regards,
marco.