[Dovecot] v1.1.11 released

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Sat Feb 7 11:02:56 EET 2009

On February 7, 2009 2:19:59 AM -0500 Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2009, at 1:47 AM, Frank Cusack wrote:
>
>>>     for (i = j = 0;
>>> removed this warning, and removed my doubts :-)
>>
>> Should be
>> for (i = (j = 0);
>>
>> a = b = ... is not legal, although gcc does accept it.
>
> Really? I've seen a=b=c like code for a long time. But I can't say
> exactly where C99 would allow that. Anyway I'd think parenthesis only
> affect precedence ordering, not whether something is allowed or not.

Well now, there's lot of code you might see which isn't correct, e.g.
the very common #!/bin/sh but the code is actually a bash script.

In this case though, I believe Jack is correct and it is legal.  I don't
know where I got the idea it was invalid.  Well, I do know but I won't
embarrass myself further. :)

-frank