[Dovecot] [patch] 'c' and 'd' in setacl

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Feb 9 23:01:10 EET 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 13:01 +0100, Bernhard Herzog wrote:
> > > str = MAIL_ACL_CREATE;
> > > array_append(rights, &str
> >
> > I gave it a try in the attached patch.  Actually I considered that my
> > self but I'm (still) not sure if this is 100% legal according to the
> > standard.
>
> After a bit of googling around, I'm now quite sure that it is legal.

Right. I think it's also already done elsewhere in Dovecot.

Although:

+       static const char *acl_k = MAIL_ACL_CREATE;
+       static const char *acl_x = MAIL_ACL_DELETE;

Wonder if it's more optimal for these to be static or non-static. I
think I'll have to try what kind of a difference gcc does with them, or
if it just optimizes them to the exact same code.