[Dovecot] quota - implement via dovecot or postfix? which is easier ?

Linux Advocate linuxhousedn at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 05:45:43 EET 2009

Sahil, my answer below...

--

> > i rather not patch postfix and m therefore leaning towards quota via dovecot.
> But after reading some posts ,etc, it seems that the information on the dovecot
> wiki is inaccurate.
> >
> > A.Any comments on this?
>
> To which posts are you referring?

results from google. the posters complained abt inaccuracies in the dovecot wiki,

> > B. Am i right in concluding that its easier and better in the long run to
> implement and enforce quotas thru dovecot instead of postfix?
>
> Depends on your environment, requirements, and a number of other variables.
> I implement quotas through dovecot.

noted.

> > C. The right instructions for implementing quota thru dovecot?
>
> I followed the instructions on the wiki.

that's good to hear. reassuring to know that the wiki is accurate. thanx again.
Could u post your dovecot settings here for my info or could u email me offlist? if its too much trouble i understand.

Regards,
marco.