[Dovecot] dbox redesign

Allen Belletti allen at isye.gatech.edu
Thu Feb 12 18:12:57 EET 2009

I would add that having fewer, larger files should make backups much
more feasible.  There's a certain amount of overhead for each file
operation (especially for us GFS people!) and reducing the number of
files will reduce that overhead.

Right now our backups (done via rsync) take a pretty scary amount of
time, only to get worse as the size of the mailstore (currently 200G) grows.

Personally I'm pretty excited about dbox.

Allen

--
Allen Belletti
allen at isye.gatech.edu                             404-894-6221 Phone