[Dovecot] delivering to folder based on recipient_delimiter?

dovecot at corwyn.net dovecot at corwyn.net
Thu Feb 12 21:02:42 EET 2009

I'm currently running postfix + dovecot, with virtual users

In postfix I have set recipient_delimiter = + so that postfix accepts
mail for user at example.com, user+foo at example.com, and
user+spam at example.com all deliver to inbox.

what I would like is to have email directed to user+foo at example.com
delivered to the IMAP folder foo  (and, in the context of amavisd,
have amavis configured for recipient_delimited, and add
addr_extension_spam_maps add +spam to each mail identified as spam,
and thus the mail would go to the spam folder on delivery.

The postfix guys say I should be able to do this. can someone point
me to how to implement this with dovecot? (as I don't see how to even start).

Thx

Rick

Rick Steeves
http://www.sinister.net