[Dovecot] great disappearing email mystery

Fri Feb 13 13:26:06 EET 2009

On 2/12/2009, Maarten Bezemer (mcbdovecot at robuust.nl) wrote:
> I've seen users with about 1GB worth of Maildir folders and some
> 800MB of IMAP cache PST. So it might not be headers only in there...

Or they never compact their PST files.

This MUST be done manually... tha auto-compact 'feature' is highly
unreliable.

While Outlooks Mail/Calendar integration is excellent, and calendar
functionality as a whole is very polished, I loathe the mail client
aspect enough to have avoided it since the first time I was forced to
use it for about 6 months (Outlook 2000).

Currently, Thunderbird+Lightning still has a long way to go, but it is
'good enough' for my purposes.

--

Best regards,

Charles