[Dovecot] unkillable imap process(es) with high CPU-usage

Gene Steinberg gene at macnightowl.com
Sun Feb 15 21:58:05 EET 2009

On Feb 15, 2009, at 12:53 PM, Seth Mattinen wrote:

> Or it's I/O locked on the filesystem i.e. NFS server went away or
> something else. What state ate the un-killable processes in? (Z, D,
> S, etc.)
>
> ~Seth

I'd have to switch back to Dovecot in order to test for this, and
arrange to have someone with far more expertise than I possess to
continue monitoring the server to catch this when it happens. cPanel
support can't be expected to devote that much attention to preventive
medicine. My admin could do it, I suppose, though I'm only one of his
smaller clients, so I wouldn't expect it either.

As I said, I'm inclined to want to try this again for testing, if
someone would work with me on the initial setup, switching to a later
version of Dovecot than the one that cPanel operates with (if it'll
still integrate with cPanel -- is that possible?).

Peace,
GEne