[Dovecot] Maildir hierarchy sep bug ?

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Mon Feb 16 20:24:47 EET 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 11:36:48AM -0500, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> > But if I create a public Namespace, then I have to create a private
> > default
> > namespace as well and the server doesn't behave the same way :
>
> I'd think it behaves the same way if you simply created the private
> namespace? The public namespace creation shouldn't make a difference.

I'd think so too, but it doesn't work that way : if I set up only one private namespace and no public namespace
like this :

namespace private {
   separator = /
   prefix =
   location = maildir:/courriel/boites/%u:CONTROL=/courriel/meta/%u:INDEX=/var/dovecot-test/indexes/%1u/%u
   inbox = yes
   hidden = no
   list = yes
   subscriptions = yes
}

[Note that I've got in the setup above, I've got no mail_location set up
globally since I set it up in the default namespace.]

I cannot create a mailbox named "foo.bar" as I could with a global
configuration with no namespace at all.

--
Thomas Hummel 	    | Institut Pasteur
<hummel at pasteur.fr> | Pôle informatique - systèmes et réseau