[Dovecot] Time moved backwards ....

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Feb 18 18:49:50 EET 2009

on 2-18-2009 7:17 AM Harry Lachanas spake the following:
> OK..
> So I synced  the clock....
> and got ....

How are you syncing the clock? The preferred method is to run ntpd to keep the
clock synced by nudging the timer faster or slower instead of doing large time
corrections.

> dovecot: Time just moved backwards by 1 seconds. I'll sleep now until
> we're back in present. http://wiki.dovecot.org/TimeMovedBackwards

Daemons that work with timestamped logs and files don't like time to go
backwards, especially when they are running. Dovecot is nice about it, while
some others will either silently die, or corrupt something.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and