[Dovecot] Sendmail + Deliver as an LDA probs

ben mailing at gigaspeeds.be
Thu Feb 19 12:46:58 EET 2009

Hi,

I'm having trouble setting up sendmail to be able to use dovecot deliver
as an LDA... I don't want to be able to deliver mail locally, everything
should go via deliver (virtual user setup)... And i'm confused about all
the procmail/lda entry's in different sendmail config files...

When using $# deliver -u testuser < testmail  <-- he delivers my mail in
the correct mailbox as stated in my dovecot passdb file homedir.
So deliver is working fine !

----
I used the dovecot.m4 from wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/sendmail

sendmail.mc fragment (only lines affecting Local delivery) :
DOMAIN(`blaat')dnl
MODIFY_MAILER_FLAGS(`LOL', `-S')dnl
FEATURE(`local_procmail')dnl
define(`LOL_MAILER_PATH',`/usr/bin/procmail')dnl
define(`PROCMAIL_MAILER_PATH',`/usr/bin/procmail')dnl
dnl MAILER(`local')dnl
MAILER(`smtp')dnl
MAILER(`procmail')dnl
MAILER(`dovecot')dnl
dnl

------

blaat.m4 fragment :
define(`LOCAL_MAILER_PATH',`/usr/bin/procmail')
define(`PROCMAIL_MAILER_PATH',`/usr/bin/procmail')

------

more /usr/local/src/sendmail-x.x/cf/mailer/dovecot.m4 :

######################*****##############
###   DOVECOT Mailer specification    ###
##################*****##################
Mdovecot,   P=/opt/dovecot/libexec/dovecot/deliver, F=DFMPhnu9,
                 S=EnvFromSMTP/HdrFromSMTP, R=EnvToSMTP/HdrFromSMTP,
                 T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                 A=deliver -d $u
-------

virtusertable/virtusertable.db :

test at testdomain.com     blaatuser

---------

aliases/aliases.db :

blaatuser | /opt/dovecot/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d $u

----
sendmail.cw = empty

-----
mailertable/mailertable.db :

testdomain.com	 	dovecot:dovecot

When I run #$ sendmail -bv test at testdomain.com   sendmail gives :

test at testdomain.com... deliverable: mailer local, user test         (as
a matter of fact the user test does exist on my machine, so what he does
is stripping of the domainname and he delivers the mail
in /var/spool/mqueue/test :-/  )
And I don't see anything in my deliver logfile of course...

Help would be appreciated !

thx
Ben