[Dovecot] CMUSieve with virtual users

Alex alex at lord2y.org
Fri Feb 20 14:09:44 EET 2009

Guillaume HILT wrote:

> Alex a écrit :
>> Guillaume HILT wrote:

>>> As I said "'m trying to use sieve (which has been compiled with
>>> Dovecot)", yes :)
>> :)
>> I had been the same issue with 1.1.7. Try to unmask the 1.1.10-r1 and
>> install; it solve my issue.
>>
> When migrating from 1.1.7 to 1.1.10-r1, did you had any issues or
> configuration update to do ?
> Since i'm pretty busy right now, i don't want to create a problem with
> our mailserver :)

Can you paste here a "grep sieve" from your /var/log/dovecot-deliver.log?

==

The upgrade process is quite easy, nothing to change in dovecot config.
Before upgrade I suggest to do this action:

- backup with tar your /etc/dovecot dir;
- emerge -B dovecot (so you have a binary copy for your working version)
- echo "net-mail/dovecot ~arch" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords
- emerge -av dovecot

when merge is finished *don't* do etc-update.

If something goes wrong you will come back to 1.1.7 without problem.
Just recover your backup.

my2cents
:)