[Dovecot] OT: Fixing Messages To Be RFC 2822 Compliant

Neil kngspook at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 11:16:55 EET 2009

So....apparently I have some messages which are not RFC compliant sitting in
my mailboxes (mostly older ones), and I have some software which is refusing
to handle such messages.

1. Does anyone know of a nice way to verify that all my messages are
compliant/find those that aren't? (I suppose I could use the existing
failing software, but I was hoping for something a little more robust...)

2. Does anyone know of any tools that will do The Right Thing as far as
fixing these messages are concerned?

Googling didn't turn up much for me, but maybe I wasn't hitting the right
terms ("RFC message repair", "fix email message", etc.).

Thanks.