[Dovecot] from postfix deliver to dovecot deliver

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Mon Feb 23 19:31:23 EET 2009

On 23.02.2009 09:13 Johan Hendriks wrote:
> One more question regarding this.
> All the howto's are using a seperate user for the dovecot LDA, like vmail.
> Now all my mailboxes have the userid and groupid from postfix.
> Can i use the postfix user for the dovecot LDA?

Citing PIPE(8postfix):
       user=username (required)

       user=username:groupname
              Execute  the  external  command with the rights of the
              specified username.  The software refuses  to  execute
              commands  with root privileges, or with the privileges
              of the mail system owner. If groupname  is  specified,
              the  corresponding  group  ID  is  used instead of the
              group ID of username.

You may read http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA for more details.

Regards,
Pascal

--
Ubuntu is an ancient African word meaning “I can’t install Debian.”
                                                         -- unknown