[Dovecot] Securing mailboxes and passwords

Daniel Aleksandersen aleksandersen+dovecot at runbox.com
Tue Feb 24 23:28:07 EET 2009

Hi list

I am just experimenting with seting up my own email server. I want some tips
and hints on how to secure my setup to prevent unauthorised assess to my email.
	I have read through the wiki and have not found many tips. I hope to
improve the wiki with tips gathered from the emailing list. :-)
	A basic measurement I could take right now would be to set more secure
file premissions on my setup.
	My setup is based on http://wiki.dovecot.org/HowTo/VirtualhostingWithExim
with a few addittions:
fetchmail and exim4 deliver mail to my maildir and dovecot grants me access
through imap. dovecot authenticates against /home/postmaster/passwd.digest
and ./passwd.cram
--
Daniel Aleksandersen <aleksandersen at runbox.no>