[Dovecot] Quick question...

Harry Lachanas grharry at freemail.gr
Thu Feb 26 05:46:48 EET 2009

dovecot at segel.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's the scenario.
>
> I want to set up a mailbox so that when mail sent to the address is piped to
> a processing application, instead of going to a mailbox.
>
> One way I can do this is to set up a mailbox and then have an application
> that checks to see if there's mail and then processes it.
> (Old school Unix script)
>
> Is there a way to set it up with dovecot?
> (Cleaner solution)
>
> Thx
>
> -Mike

I am sure this can be done with sieve but I am starting to learn it now ....

With procmail it's just trivial ....
After making sure it is a mail destined to your application, you just
pipe it there

# Last delivering recepie after spam cheks etc ....
:0
| /path/to/my/processing/application

You might also have a look at ripmime ( rips mime attachements from a
mail ) ...
so you can combine all ....

Cheers
Harry.