[Dovecot] Compilation Issue on Old Boxes with macro in src/master/main.c

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Thu Feb 26 17:29:26 EET 2009

I'll admit that I'm out of my league on this. It does compile with this
change I made but I may not be within the standard for the same reason.
Here's the items I was reading about the issue:

But to be clear, what I was trying to do was get rid of the building up of
the output for the printf command:

i.e. printf("this"
#ifdef something
"this"
#endif
"\n");

And after applying the patch, I can compile and don't see any warnings. And
build options still works:

./dovecot --build-options
Build options: ioloop=poll notify=dnotify ipv6 openssl
Mail storages: maildir mbox dbox cydir raw
SQL drivers:
Passdb: checkpassword pam passwd passwd-file shadow
Userdb: nss passwd passwd-file prefetch static

Thoughts,
KAM