[Dovecot] Quick question...

Michael Segel msegel at segel.com
Thu Feb 26 16:10:13 EET 2009

Thanks,

I was thinking of doing this in dovecot because I thought about having to
create virtual mailboxes 'on the fly' and then it would be nice to capture
the original mail for historical/auditing purposes.

There are two ways that I could do this. I could do this using a database
back end for the mailbox and then use an insert trigger, or I could do this
prior to the database using deliver to process the e-mail and then store it
in the database. (Instead of MySQL, I was looking at the IIUG's version of
IBM's Informix. Its free for some uses ;-)

Thanks for the quick response from everyone.
I just needed a point in the right direction and I was too busy focused on
something else to RTFM. ;-)

-Mike