[Dovecot] quota-fs: get nfs GROUP quota (patch)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Feb 26 22:21:12 EET 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 11:14 +0300, fandorin at rol.ru wrote:
> Hi all. Unfortunately, the existing quota-fs does not know how to get
> GROUP quota with NFS storage. But there is a tool for Linux quota-tools
> (http://slackware.rol.ru/slackware/slackware-12.2/source/a/quota/). This
> patch is made on the basis quota-tools. The patch was successful alpha
> testing. Suggestions and comments are welcome.

There's a bit too much copy&pasted code. For example the i_info() calls
are duplicated. And I think you could keep the clnt open when
fallbacking to the non-ext lookup instead of having to recreate it in
the middle. It would also need to have some #ifdef EXT_RQUOTAPROG checks
so that the code would compile with other systems than Linux too. And it
should probably remember if the non-ext lookup failed the previous time,
so it wouldn't waste time every time doing it twice.