[Dovecot] problems with dotlock

Mark Hedges hedges at scriptdolphin.org
Thu Feb 26 22:59:19 EET 2009

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > Setting mail_access_groups works, but the documentation
> > says this is what the mail_privileged_group setting was
> > for:
>
> Oh, right, that's what I meant.
>
> > Is it possible that dovecot internally forgets that
> > creating the dotlock file is a "privileged operation"?
>
> So you're saying that setting mail_privileged_group
> doesn't work? Perhaps this setting is then buggy in
> Redhat's version?

Right, mail_privileged_group does not work.  Setting
mail_access_groups = mail does work.

The problem is the same in v1.1.11, which is the latest
stable version from the atrpms site linked from dovecot.org
download for binary packages.

Also, how do I get imap to use a dotlock file when accessing
the inbox?  Similar to pop3_lock_session.  Am I confused on
how imap works?

Mark