[Dovecot] problems with dotlock

Mark Hedges hedges at scriptdolphin.org
Thu Feb 26 23:53:14 EET 2009

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-02-26 at 12:59 -0800, Mark Hedges wrote:
>
> > Right, mail_privileged_group does not work.  Setting
> > mail_access_groups = mail does work.
> >
> > The problem is the same in v1.1.11, which is the latest
> > stable version from the atrpms site linked from dovecot.org
> > download for binary packages.
>
> Would it be possible for you to try a patched v1.1.11 version?
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/raw-rev/51f4b25c7bd3 should give a
> better error message that could help figuring out why it doesn't work.

I tried building from the 1.1.11 source with your patch, and
copied the same config file into
/usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf, but now pop3 doesn't
start when I run `/usr/local/sbin/dovecot`.  imap-login is
running, but pop3-login is not.  What do I do to get pop3 to
run so I can check out the problem?

Mark