[Dovecot] folder creation with dots in name

Michael Orlitzky michael at orlitzky.com
Fri Feb 27 04:36:39 EET 2009

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> No idea.
>
> But actually there's also another possibility that doesn't involve using
> plugins. You could just not use Maildir++ layout by setting e.g.:
>
> mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir:LAYOUT=fs
>
> On Thu, 2009-02-26 at 22:26 +0100, Marko Weber | Salondigital.de wrote:
>> Hi Timo,
>> i use gentoo-linux, and installed dovecot via portage.
>> how do i compile this donwloaded listescap.c ?

You can emerge Dovecot with "noclean" set so that Portage won't remove
all of the good stuff when it's done:

# FEATURES="noclean" emerge -v dovecot

Then you should be able to find the sources in e.g.,

/var/tmp/portage/net-mail/dovecot-1.1.7-r1/work/dovecot-1.1.7

Slightly unrelated: is the list of options to mail_location documented
anywhere? There are a few mentions of LAYOUT=fs and CONTROL=wherever in
the wiki, but I just checked mailbox-list.c and most of them were new to me.