[Dovecot] Dovecot + Postfix Mail Forwarding Question

Sahil Tandon sahil at tandon.net
Sat Feb 28 07:53:29 EET 2009

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009, Taras Hryniw wrote:

> I have dovecot and postfix set up on debian lenny. Squirrelmail is used
> to access the mail. I put a .forward file in my user's home directory,
> and that sure gets the job done of forwarding email, but I need a copy
> saved on the local machine as well. How do I do that?

>From forward(5):

If a local user address is prefixed with a backslash character, mail is
delivered directly to the user's mail spool file, bypassing further
redirection.

For example, if user chris had a .forward file containing the following
lines:

	chris at otherhost
	\chris

One copy of mail would be forwarded to chris at otherhost and another copy would
be retained as mail for local user chris.

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil at tandon.net>