[Dovecot] Custom flags in v1.0.15

Pascal Mouret pascal.mouret at polytech.univ-mrs.fr
Sat Feb 28 11:29:41 EET 2009

Timo Sirainen a écrit :
> On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 22:19 +0100, Pascal Mouret wrote:
>
>> Is a fix available, or will a fix be available for v1.0 ? I mean, I've
>> seen it's still v1.0.15 that is packaged in the brand new Debian
>> stable (Lenny), so that may be useful for anyone using Debian (if
>> there are actually more people who need the feature than people who
>> raised the issue !!)
>> Is that a hard work to do ? May I be of any help ?
>>

> Even if I wrote the fix for v1.0, it wouldn't get added to Debian. And
> if you're not using the official Debian package, you might as well use
> v1.1.

I'm using the official package ! v1.0.15 is the official Debian Lenny
stable package, and I'm using the Etch backport version of this package
(cf
http://packages.debian.org/search?suite=etch-backports&searchon=names&keywords=dovecot).
So, I think a fix would be added (but I'm no Debian guru).
I had a look at v1.1 : it only appears in Lenny unstable (v1.1.11), so
using it in a Debian way means upgrading to Lenny and using unstable
which is not recommended for production servers. But I'll have a closer
look at it then
Thank you very much

--
Pascal Mouret
Responsable du Service Informatique
Mel : pascal.mouret at polytech.univ-mrs.fr
Tel : 04 91 11 38 04 / Fax : 04 91 11 38 54