[Dovecot] Debian packages for dovecot 1.1.x

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Fri Jan 9 00:32:40 EET 2009

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> Seth Mattinen wrote:
>> Because I'm tired of seeing Debian users look like idiots for using such
>> horribly out of date versions just because they run "stable", I've set
>> up a page with .deb packages of my 1.1.x rebuilds for use under lenny.
>>

> If you really mean 'lenny', this won't help much. Stable is still etch,
> and if you build them under lenny, probably the versions of libraries
> that dovecot uses are not available in etch.

Ah, I see why you are confused, probably this sentence:

"These are simply repackages from lenny that will work on etch."

I mean that I used the lenny source and compiled/linked it under etch
and built packages from that. As it says, it "will work on etch". I'm
not stupid enough to take lenny binaries and say they'll work under etch.

Seth Mattinen		sethm at rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC