[Dovecot] new flags in Maildir files

Giuliano Gavazzi dev+lists at humph.com
Fri Jan 9 01:41:49 EET 2009

Sorry if this is a dumb question:

I migrated my third system from courier to dovecot. My previous two
were MacOSX the third is FreeBSD 6.
I noticed (because of an rsync process taking longer than usual...)
that on FreeBSD the message files have, most of them at least, gained
extra suffix letters (in the range a-h I'd say) that I do not see
(mostly if not at all) on my MacOS systems. I wonder if this is
because of a different migration process, as in the first two cases I
wrongly run courier-dovecot-migrate.pl without the --convert option as
I was satisfied that the OK result for all Mailboxes was enough... (no
pop here), while on FreeBSD I correctly applied the --convert option.
The other difference is the version, 1.1.6 for MacOSX, 1.1.7 for
FreeBSD.
Cannot find a relevant entryin the ChangeLog.
(now running rsync with the --fuzzy option, hopefully it will find the
files cutting on transfer times!)

Thanks
Giuliano