[Dovecot] dovecot 1.2 shared namespace/mailboxes %%u expands only to %

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Tue Jan 13 13:24:53 EET 2009

Hi Timo,

Timo Sirainen schrieb:
> On Wed, 2009-01-07 at 00:17 +0100, Robert Schetterer wrote:
>> Timo Sirainen schrieb:
>>> ..
>>> Worked last I tried. Show the whole dovecot -n output?
>>>
>> here it is ( without ip )
>> quota imap was working but temp disabled for testing
>> additional failure
>
> Works here .. Maybe try the latest nightly snapshots? Perhaps things
> have been fixed there already.

i am on latest snapshot

>> namespace:
>>   type: shared
>>   separator: /
>>   prefix: shared/%d/%%u/
>>   list: yes
>>   subscriptions: yes
>
> You're missing location for other users' maildirs here. Should probably
> be:
>
>   location = maildir:/usr/local/virtual/%%d/%%u/Maildir:INDEX=~/Maildir/shared/%%u

dont change something ( tested )

i think it should look like ( no sharing over existing domains only own
domain )
location = maildir:/usr/local/virtual/%d/%%u/:INDEX=~/shared/%d/%%u/
but error stays

dovecot: Jan 13 11:47:56 Info: IMAP(robert at schetterer.com): maildir++:
root=/usr/local/virtual/schetterer.com/%,
index=/usr/local/virtual/schetterer.com/robert at schetterer.com//shared/schetterer.com/%,
control=, inbox=
dovecot: Jan 13 11:47:56 Info: IMAP(robert at schetterer.com): acl:
initializing backend with data: vfile
dovecot: Jan 13 11:47:56 Info: IMAP(robert at schetterer.com): acl: acl
username = robert at schetterer.com
dovecot: Jan 13 11:47:56 Info: IMAP(robert at schetterer.com): acl: owner = 0
dovecot: Jan 13 11:47:56 Info: IMAP(robert at schetterer.com): acl vfile:
Global ACL directory: (null)
dovecot: Jan 13 11:47:56 Info: IMAP(robert at schetterer.com): acl vfile:
file /usr/local/virtual/schetterer.com/%/dovecot-acl not found
dovecot: Jan 13 11:47:56 Info: IMAP(robert at schetterer.com): Namespace
shared/schetterer.com/%/: Permission lookup failed from /usr/local/vi

>>   acl_dict: file:/var/lib/dovecot/shared-mailboxes

ok disabled this

>>   acl_shared_dict: file:/var/lib/dovecot/shared/mailboxes
>
> What are the contents of this file? Also you'll only need
> acl_shared_dict. Looks like dovecot-example.conf incorrectly used
> acl_dict.

sorry timo, there ist less documention about this file
( cant find any help what they should include on the web )
so they only exist without content, do you have examples?

> Anyway..:
>
>> dovecot: Jan 06 23:53:14 Info: IMAP(robert at schetterer.com): Namespace
>> shared/schetterer.com/%/: Permission lookup failed from
>> /var/run/dovecot/user-not-found/%
>
> See the "namespace shared/schetterer.com/%/" part. You were somehow
> trying to look up a user called "%". Although unknown user lookups
> shouldn't cause error messages to be written to log files. Have to get
> this fixed.

% in real seems to be the login user

yes debug gives less information, as well there is to less
doku about shared namespaces and acl
or maybe its my fault to read the exist ones *g

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria