[Dovecot] Personal dovecot

Andrzej Adam Filip anfi at onet.eu
Thu Jan 15 00:08:17 EET 2009

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 22:21 +0100, Andrzej Adam Filip wrote:
>> Do you think it wold be worthwhile to add command line options to
>> "deliver" and "imap" to make them ignore "system wide" configuration
>> file and use ~/.dovecotrc instead?
>
> How about:
>
> dovecot -c ~/.dovecotrc

I need "single IMAP session via stdin/stdout". I think you meant:
dovecot -c ~/.dovecotrc --exec-mail imap

As I understand imap command supports no command line options [1.0.15]
Can "full imap command configuration" be achieved via MAIL and
MBOX_LOCKS environment variables?

> deliver -c ~/.dovecotrc

OK.

P.S.
dovecot imap works great with fetchmail - I achieved "*very* short delay" delivery
* "ssh host .../imap" as --plugin
* procmail as --mda (procmail calls "deliver -e")
*  --idle option)

I just want to ask a few questions, polish the final bits and finally
"set and forget" ;-)

Thanks :-)

[pl>en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi at onet.eu : anfi at xl.wp.pl
There is an old time toast which is golden for its beauty.
"When you ascend the hill of prosperity may you not meet a friend."
  -- Mark Twain