[Dovecot] Apple patch 9

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jan 15 00:39:09 EET 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-09 at 11:17 -0600, Mike Abbott wrote:
> > I think I'll release v1.2 without your patches.
>
> Do you mean without patch 9 (the OD/SSL patch), or without any of our
> patches?  If the former, then OK, we understand.  We're modifying our
> OD support for dovecot anyway based on your detailed feedback.

The patches I've already committed will be there, but the
multiple-connections-per-imap-process doesn't apply cleanly to v1.2 code
and there are probably some things I want to do a bit differently there.
Anyway so much work and potential new problems that I'd rather not delay
v1.2.0 because of it. It already was delayed several months because of
the shared mailbox support.

So I'm planning on feature freezing v1.2 tree now, release v1.2.beta1
this week and then open v1.3 development tree where I'll start adding
new features. Hopefully people will start testing v1.2 and v1.2.0 won't
horribly far away in future.