[Dovecot] losing emails in dovecot-uidlist

Stephan Dietrich s.dietrich at scanplus.de
Mon Jan 19 16:39:21 EET 2009

hi,
I have problems with the dovecot-uidlist in version 1.1.4 and 1.1.8.
I was using dovecot 1.1.4 and think, I fix it with new dovecot 1.1.8, but
still the same problem.

Here a discription to reconstruct the problem:

I have an fit dovecot-uidlist with one email in cur/ folder.

Now I try to append an email in this way:

A001 LOGIN USER PASSWORD
A001 OK Logged in.
A002 EXAMINE INBOX
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS ()] Read-only mailbox.
* 1 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1232360001] UIDs valid
* OK [UIDNEXT 2] Predicted next UID
A002 OK [READ-ONLY] Select completed.
A003 APPEND INBOX {147}
+ OK