[Dovecot] behavior of dovecot with Openldap

geoffroy desvernay dgeo at ec-marseille.fr
Tue Jan 20 09:47:52 EET 2009

Masaharu Kawada a écrit :
>> I'm pretty sure that configuration will simply use both the servers
>> all the time more or less randomly. Unless OpenLDAP library has some
>> code that does something similar to what you're talking about, but
>> somehow I doubt that.
Here we use "uris" parameter instead of "hosts", and we seems to have
expected behaviour: dovecot is always using the first listed uri except
if it doesn't respond (switch to the second)

We can check it simply: first listed server have more than 200
simultaneous connexions daily, 2nd have only one per slave (replication
thread)

(we use the slave as first uri)

Hope this helps.
--