[Dovecot] Dovecot optimisation

Proskurin Kirill proskurin-kv at fxclub.org
Tue Jan 20 21:52:33 EET 2009

Steffen Kaiser пишет:

> Does these problems occure all the time, e.g. if you restart the
> Dovecot demon and there are just a bunch of users on it.
After restart - it work for some time, but it is just because no all
connect to it again.

> Do you have a file descriptor limit for the demon process?
System limit? 512mb. It not run on this.

> Do you have some "security" stuff running, a BSD-equivalent of SELinux
> or AppArmour?
Nope.

As I sad before - i just increase *all* thing what can be a bottleneck
twice. And seems to "fix" it.
But it makes me think what it is real will be good if dovecot can say in
debuging loging what he reach some limits from his config.
It will make finding a bottleneck such easy.. heh. I just what to know -
were was a problem, but seam to i don`t have any tool for this.

Any way - dovecot is a great and i glad what i migrate from a Cyrus. ;-)

--
Best regards,
Proskurin Kirill