[Dovecot] Move from 1.0.rc29 to 1.1.7?

Peter Lindgren peter at norrskenkonsult.com
Tue Jan 20 23:04:39 EET 2009

Hello!
I am moving my mail from the old server with 1.0.rc29 to a brand new
server with 1.1.7. I use Maildir in both servers. A few questions:

1) The new server has another name, can I just copy the mail files
as-is, will the server name in the file names matter?

2) The new server has a different architecture and different endian, so
I plan not to copy the index and cache files; they seem to have become
broken from time to time in the old server anyway. Dovecot will also
re-create them when needed. Ok?

3) 1.0.rc29 did not store the message size in the file name as later
versions. When will Dovecot do the check and rename the files to include
the message size? There are some folders with quite large number of
messages, the largest is some 45,000 messages.

TIA,
/Peter
--
Peter Lindgren