[Dovecot] Move from 1.0.rc29 to 1.1.7?

Peter Lindgren peter at norrskenkonsult.com
Wed Jan 21 00:02:40 EET 2009

Timo Sirainen skrev:
> On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 22:35 +0100, Peter Lindgren wrote:
>> The new server seems to have this function on by default, can I force
>> this renaming (by will or by mistake)?
>
> Dovecot v1.1 will add the ,W= file sizes to file names always, it's not
> configurable. But it works fine even if the sizes don't exist all files.

I tested now with a folder with a handful of messages. Works fine, and
the filenames are without ,W=filesize (as copied from old server).

My question is: can I force dovecot to recalculate the size and do a
rename on existing files? Just so I know I can't do it by accident when
I'm under time pressure and have to wait a long time...

TIA, and just so you know it (as if you didn't already), dovecot is an
excellent piece of software!

Peter
--
Peter Lindgren