[Dovecot] help on writing a rule for perventing spam

Wed Jan 21 13:25:21 EET 2009

On 1/21/2009, Giuliano Gavazzi (dev+lists at humph.com) wrote:
> you are much better off rejecting those even before seing the DATA,
> if that address is in the envelope sender, or after, if it is only in
> the From: message header.

? If he did that, then he wouldn't see his own messages to this list.

But I agree that fighting this kind of spam is best done at the MTA
level, and isn't really a dovecot (or sieve) issue.

The postfix backscatter readme is a good start, esppecially is you are
using postfix - and if you aren't, why aren't you? ;) ... but the
concepts can be applied to any MTA...

http://www.postfix.org/BACKSCATTER_README.html

--

Best regards,