[Dovecot] Dovecot and .forward

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Wed Jan 21 18:31:33 EET 2009

On 21.01.2009 15:58 Claudio Prono wrote:
> Mmm ok, i am looking to make work vacation of HORDE Project with my mail
> server, and this uses the .forward file into the mailbox for run the
> vacation script every time a mail was recieved. I have looked to
> cmusieve with dovecot 1.1.7 and i don't find it. It can be used for read
> the .forward file and execute the vacation program if present in the
> .forward file? Or... alternatively, what i can use?
>
> I am googled a lot for any response but the problem is...how to search
> ".forward" :)
>
> Greets,
>
> Claudio Prono.
>

> Pascal Volk ha scritto:
>> On 21.01.2009 14:50 Claudio Prono wrote:
>>> # 1.1.7: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
>>> # OS: Linux 2.6.25.18-0.2-pae i686 openSUSE 11.0 (i586) ext3
>>>
>> You could use the cmusieve plugin which supports
>> 'redirect "an at addr.ess"'

Please stop top posting!

Are you using the docevot11 rpm from SuSE? This provides the cmusieve
plugin. If you have compiled Dovecot from source code you have also to
compile the sieve plugin in order to use the plugin.

The cmusieve plugin supports also vacation auto-replies. You will find
more details in the wiki: http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve
Which file the sieve plugin reads depends on your configuration.

Regards
Pascal

--
Ubuntu is an ancient African word meaning “I can’t install Debian.”
                                                         -- unknown