[Dovecot] dovecot bulletins?

Rick Widmer yahoo at rickwidmer.com
Thu Jan 22 06:57:47 EET 2009

Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Well, okay, I was thinking about a way to not duplicate the message to
> everyone's mailbox. And I guess with virtual mailboxes there's the
> problem that users can't then delete the message (or it gets deleted for
> everyone).

How about you write one copy of the message, then hard link it to
everyone else's mailbox.  I think that's what vpopmail's vpopbull
command does.  To each recipient it looks like they have a personal copy
that they can delete, but there is only one copy of the data stored on
disk.

One limitation, all mailboxes have to be on the same mount point.

Rick