[Dovecot] FOLDER INTERNAL DATA (uw pine header)

Charles Gregory cgregory at hwcn.org
Fri Jan 23 19:48:29 EET 2009

Hello!

I run Dovecot on CentOS 4 (dovecot-1.1.4-0_81.el4), and I *also* run the
"Alpine" mail system that comes with that OS. Alpine still writes out the
'FOLDER INTERNAL DATA' pseudo-message at the beginning of each user's
mbox, but dovecot does not. I make use of that record as a simle/quick way
to verify when a user actually last read their e-mail (for administrative
purposes, identifying stale/unused accounts), so is there any way to
configure/command dovecot to write (or update) these hidden messages?

(Note: I tried looking in the archives, but most references seemed to
be about this message being a 'side effect' of transferring *from* UW
IMAP, and how to get 'rid' of it. Not what I need. :)  Apologies if this
was covered before in a different thread.)

- Charles