[Dovecot] Dict quota negative values in MySql table?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jan 26 03:33:11 EET 2009

On Sat, 2009-01-24 at 13:00 +0100, michael at lattari.pl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a question about the dictionary quota :storage and :messages
> values in MySql quota table.
> How to interpret the following values? Why some values are negative? Are
> the values relative to something?

You should treat negative values the same way as if the quota wasn't
known yet. The only time they should happen is when user hasn't yet a)
asked the current quota, b) saved any new messages, but has expunged
messages. So for example since you enabled quota:

> | mlattari               | quota/storage  |       -6976 |
> | mlattari               | quota/messages |          -3 |

mlattari has expunged 3 messages, but hasn't saved any messages.

> | llattari               | quota/storage  | -2147483648 |
> | llattari               | quota/messages |        -874 |

The byte count is pretty weird here. Did llattari really expunge exactly
2 GB of mails?..

> | mlattari_archivum_imap | quota/storage  |      282475 |
> | mlattari_archivum_imap | quota/messages |           5 |

This is how it should look like normally. All the negative entries
anyway are eventually recalculated by Dovecot.