[Dovecot] Broken dovecot-uidlist files

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jan 26 17:02:19 EET 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 14:29 +0100, Ulrich Zehl wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 09:28:27PM -0500, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 11:11 +0100, Ulrich Zehl wrote:
> > > Our setup has multiple servers sharing the same NFS-mounted directory for
> > > maildirs and indexes; we have set
> > >   mmap_disable = yes
> > >   dotlock_use_excl = yes
> > >   fsync_disable = no
> > >   mail_nfs_index = yes
> > >   lock_method = fcntl
> >
> > What about mail_nfs_storage=yes?
>
> Yes, that's set too. (Sorry, forgot about that.)

Perhaps the NFS cache flushing doesn't work then for some reason. What
OS (kernel) are you using on the Dovecot servers? How big values have
you set to attribute cache?

> > > As far as I can tell, for at least one of these errors, there was no
> > > concurrent access to the mailbox in question.
> >
> > Are you also using Dovecot deliver?
>
> Yes, for almost all deliveries (see e.g. the first log entry in my original
> post). There's only one nightly script that delivers one message directly
> to some of the maildirs, but the errors also pop up on mailboxes that the
> script doesn't touch.

I was just thinking that when you said there was no concurrent access
did you also consider deliver processes and not just imap/pop3?