[Dovecot] help writeing rule for preventin spam

Hugo Monteiro hugo.monteiro at fct.unl.pt
Tue Jan 27 14:41:36 EET 2009

Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 1/26/2009 11:51 PM, Sophia Alikhani wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> I installed qmail-jms1-7.07 + domainkey-patch + simscan + clamav+
>> dovecot-1.1.7+ vpopmail+ spamassassin
>> I also used Bayes + AWL as database connection in local.cf
>> I don't know how can i stop these type of spam at MTA level (qmail) i
>> wrote a rule in .dovecot.sieve
>> if header :contains ["From","To"]
>>            ["%u at mydomain]
>>  {
>>    discard;
>>    stop;
>>  }
>> In the real i nedd to stop any mail from a virtual user to him/her self.
>>

> Again... this is NOT a dovecot problem, it is an MTA (in your case,
> qmail) problem. You'll need to ask on one of their support lists...

I agree with Charles. Though i though about giving you a hint. If you're
using jms patch, you might want to look at it's greeting delay and
greylist functionalities.

Regards,

Hugo Monteiro.

--
ci.fct.unl.pt:~# cat .signature

Hugo Monteiro
Email	 : hugo.monteiro at fct.unl.pt
Telefone : +351 212948300 Ext.15307
Web      : http://hmonteiro.net

Centro de Informática
Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da
		   Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Quinta da Torre   2829-516 Caparica   Portugal
Telefone: +351 212948596   Fax: +351 212948548
www.ci.fct.unl.pt	      apoio at fct.unl.pt

ci.fct.unl.pt:~# _