[Dovecot] deliver and qmail

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Wed Jan 28 20:51:14 EET 2009

On Jan 28, 2009, at 12:29 PM, Charles Marcus wrote:

> On 1/28/2009 1:04 PM, Rick Romero wrote:
>> I use both maildrop and procmail with qmail/vpopmail.
>
> Ummm... this is the dovecot list, right?

deliver would replace either qmail-local(I believe, I've never used
it in that way) or vdelivermail - but to do so, it needs to either be
a drop in replacement and do everything that those two programs did
(quota is another we haven't brought up yet), or we have to do that
processing somehow (via Sieve/maildrop/procmail) prior to calling
deliver.   OR - it has to be specifically placed in every
user's .qmail delivery file.

Oh another one could be obeying qmail extension addresses, which
leads us to .qmail-user-alt files that need to be processed too.. it
depends on your installation and how you want to use dovecot's
deliver.   There's a lot that needs to be addressed if one wants to
try and use dovecot's deliver.   Not that it's not possible, but I
wouldn't consider it a drop in replacement.

Rick