[Dovecot] ManageSieve for 1.2.0?

Michael Orlitzky michael at orlitzky.com
Thu Jul 2 22:01:06 EEST 2009

Joan wrote:
> yes, Mercurial repository has a working status.
>
> Anybody to help on teh following ? :
> -> how managesieve works between the "sieve script per virtual user" and
> the main script in the storage directory.

ManageSieve shouldn't be used to modify global scripts, only personal ones.

With older versions of Sieve, once a user creates a personal script (and
marks it active), the global script will no longer be called. You can
work around this by 'include'ing the global script in each personal
script. Here is my active script, which runs the global script followed
by a personal one:

   require ["include"];
   include :global "spamassassin-header-filter.sieve";
   include :personal "mailing-lists.sieve";

In newer versions of Sieve (newer than v0.1.3 or v0.1.4, I think), you
can use sieve_before or sieve_after to accomplish the same thing. Check
the wiki:

   http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve/Dovecot

If I were using sieve_before in my configuration, there would be no need
to include the global script manually; it would always be executed
before my active personal script.