[Dovecot] v1.2.0 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jul 2 23:48:11 EEST 2009

On Jul 2, 2009, at 9:20 PM, alexus wrote:

> okay, after doing that I'm getting new errors
>
> Jul  2 15:16:07 mx1 dovecot: IMAP(XXXXX at alexus.org): Effective uid=89,
> gid=89, home=(none)
> Jul  2 15:16:07 mx1 dovecot: IMAP(XXXXX at alexus.org): maildir:
> data=~vpopmail/domains/alexus.org/XXXXX/Maildir/
> Jul  2 15:16:07 mx1 dovecot: IMAP(XXXXX at alexus.org): maildir++:
> root=~vpopmail/domains/alexus.org/XXXXX/Maildir, index=, control=,
> inbox=~vpopmail/domains/alexus.org/postmaster/Maildir
> Jul  2 15:16:07 mx1 dovecot: IMAP(XXXXX at alexus.org): Namespace :
> Permission lookup failed from
> ~vpopmail/domains/alexus.org/XXXXX/Maildir

That's an informational more kind of like a warning. It's not written
unless you have mail_debug=yes. So it's not an error.

> Jul  2 15:16:07 mx1 dovecot: IMAP(XXXXX at alexus.org): Namespace : Using
> permissions from ~vpopmail/domains/alexus.org/XXXXX/Maildir: mode=0700
> gid=-1

This isn't an error either. You should have had a separate actual
error message, which could have given more information.

Anyway it looks like the problem is that ~vpopmail/ doesn't get
expanded to something like /home/vpopmail/. Hmm. I've changed that
part of the code, so I guess there could be a bug. Or perhaps I
decided to drop that feature.. Anyway, I'll look into it next week
once I get back to US.