[Dovecot] Problem with 1.2 and sieve: failed with unsuccessful implicit keep

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jul 8 20:46:23 EEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 19:37 +0200, Julien Danjou wrote:

> Jul  8 18:47:51 prometheus dovecot: deliver(jd at danjou.info):
> mkdir_parents_chown(danjou.info/jd/) failed: Permission denied
> (euid=8(mail) egid=8(mail))

The problem is this. It tries to create a non-existing directory, but
can't because of permission problems. Although this may be misleading,
because you're not using absolute paths in the user's home (mail?)
directory. I'd fix that first. Maybe this problem goes away after that
too.

> Jul  8 18:47:51 prometheus dovecot: deliver(jd at danjou.info): copy:
> i_stream_read() failed: No such file or directory
> Jul  8 18:47:51 prometheus dovecot: deliver(jd at danjou.info): sieve:
> msgid=?
> <1186f9b5-0529-4622-8f4a-58462f9a4bcb at svr-exchange.siege.ldlc.com>:
> failed to store into mailbox 'INBOX': Internal error occurred. Refer
>  to server log for more information. [2009-07-08 18:47:51]
> Jul  8 18:47:51 prometheus dovecot: deliver(jd at danjou.info): read(mail,
> uid=1) failed: Permission denied

All this is a result from the first error.