[Dovecot] Possible fix to an old Thunderbird related problem

Marc Perkel marc at perkel.com
Sat Jul 11 19:47:00 EEST 2009

I think I might have finally fixed it. The problem was that the
max_cached_connections in Thunderbird defaults to 25 and I had login
process count set to 10. I think raising it to 25 ill fix it. Just
posting this in case others are having this problem.

What was happening was that the message counts were increasing but the
messages didn't show up in the list. Or messages would appear to be
empty. Restarting Dovecot or restarting Thunderbird fixes the problem
temporarily. I'm hoping this annoyance will go away now.