[Dovecot] SSL_PARAMETERS_PERM_PATH

Leo Baltus Leo.Baltus at omroep.nl
Mon Jul 13 22:56:06 EEST 2009

Hi Timo,

Op 13/07/2009 om 12:19:43 -0400, schreef Timo Sirainen:
> On Mon, 2009-07-13 at 15:54 +0200, Leo Baltus wrote:
> > I am not on this list so please CC me.
> >
> > Using dovecot-1.2.x it seems we can not configure the location of ssl-
> > parameters.dat.tmp, it is hard coded to be in PKG_STATEDIR:
> >
> > ./src/master/master-settings.c:
> >
> > #define SSL_PARAMETERS_PERM_PATH PKG_STATEDIR"/"SSL_PARAMETERS_FILENAME
>
> Right.
>
> > This can lead to problems when you're running multiple instances on
> > one machine.
>
> No, it doesn't really matter if one instance overwrites a file that was
> just generated by another one. The file just needs to be updated every
> once in a while.
>
> > Maybe it could be in base_dir or have a configuration option of its own?
>
> It's copied to base_dir, but it's not primarily stored there because
> base_dir is typically under /var/run/, which gets deleted at boot time.

Well base_dir is configurable, in our case it is not /var/run and we do no
use compile-time pahnames, therefore we would like
SSL_PARAMETERS_PERM_PATH configurable or just to use base_dir.

Maybe there a reason not to use base_dir which I am overlooking?

--
Leo Baltus, internetbeheerder                         /\
NPO ICT Internet Services                            /NPO/\